Visa Applications which require to provide English Language Test

Different Visa Application require different English Language Ability Test as per the Home Office UK Visa & Immigration Deparment, mainly are of 2 types of test to prove English Language Ability at the time of submitting visa applicaiton whcih depend upon the type of application, the applicant applying for.

Following type of Visa application required to prove english ablitity in reading, writing, speaking and lisening:

  • Innovator
  • Start-up
  • Skilled Worker
  • Minister of Religion (T2)
  • Student

Following type of Visa Application need to prove english ability in speaking and listening:

  • Sportsperson (T2)
  • Representative of an Overseas Business
  • Partner
  • Parent
  • Settlement (also known as indefinite leave to remain)
  • Citizenship

The level of english test applicant will need, known as the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level, will depend on the route the applicant is applying for. To find out which level the applicant need, read the specific guidance for your visa application route.

UKVI Approved English Test and Approved Tests Providers

Applicant can only take an SELT with one of the following providers:

  • IELTS SELT Consortium (UK or overseas)
  • LanguageCert (UK or overseas)
  • Trinity College London (UK only)
  • Pearson (UK and overseas)
  • PSI Services (UK) Ltd (overseas only)

UKVI Approved IELTS SELT Consortium English Tests are:

  • IELTS for UKVI
  • Life Skills

UKVI Approved LanguageCert Tests are:

  • LanguageCert International ESOL SELT
  • LanguageCert International ESOL SELT (Speaking and Listening)

UKVI Approved Trinity College London English Tests are:

  • Integrated Skills in English (ISE)
  • Graded Examinations in Spoken English (GESE)

UKVI Approved Pearson English Tests are:

  • Pearson PTE Academic UKVI
  • Pearson PTE Home

UKVI Approved PSI Services (UK) Ltd English Tests are:

  • Skills for English UKVI (4 component)
  • Skills for English UKVI (2 component)

It is upto the applicant to choose which Test to take.

Check the UKVI Approved Test and Test Providers

For your results to be accepted by UK Visa & Immigration Dept., applicant's Ttest must:

  1. be on the list of approved English language tests
  2. have been sat at an approved test location
  3. have been awarded in the two years before the date of your application

The list of approved English Language Tests has been assessed as meeting UKVI Home Office requirements under the secure English language testing arrangements. Only those tests and test levels specified are approved. If the applicant intend to use an English language test in his/her Immigration or Nationality Application, he/she must take one of the approved English Tests on the list.

List of Approved Secure English Language Tests taken outside the UK:

The applicant are advised to also visit and see at Official Website of Home Office UK Visa & Immigration as the Approved English Tests & Tests Providers are subject to change from time to time.

Need Advice or Want To Discuss A Case

Consultation fee is applicable.